Saturday, October 07, 2006

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet 2004

Otherwise entitled: How to make me homesick

I know this isn't the most amazing bottle of wine Penfolds produces, but back at home this was my reliable-easy-to-find-grab-it-off-the-shelf-on-the-way-out-to-dinner everyone-likes-it favourite bottle of red.

Here, I usually refuse to pay for it in pounds (+taxes and transport), but it was on special at the local supermarket which brought the price down to near what I'd pay for it at home. Also, I was having dinner at a friend's place and like to be a good ambassador for the Aussie wine industry.

The wine: Smooth, far too easy to drink, soft-to-medium tannins, sweet red berries, with hints of chocolate spice.


And all the Brits liked it too !

2 Comments:

Blogger The Retro Seamstress said...

Penfolds have recently released a bunch of really funky bottles (designed by notable Aussies, but not necessarily artists) to celebrate the Koonunga Hill 30th Anniversary.

4:00 am  
Blogger Dr Krystal said...

Oh dear.. the one by Australian of the Year Professor Ian Frazer has molecules on it!

http://www.winorama.com.au/image/koonungas.jpg

Just as well I don't like chardonnay :)

7:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home